Sunday, September 25, 2011

Update

Happy Sunday folks! Just a quick update as i sit in my car outside of the gym (yes,i already went in lol). I fell short of my 4x a week goal last week, but starting this week out strong- took 2 minutes and some change off my 5k time. My legs are angry as a mug and my knee felt like it was going to crack in half around 15 minutes in. Realizing how much stress and unnecessary damage I've put my body through over the years is a hard pill to swallow. THIS USED TO BE EASY!!!! But i will not let that stop me from fixing it. I slowed down for 3 minutes and let my body work through it. And whaddyano.. I didnt die lol.
I hopped on the scale after-i know that the worst time to weigh yourself, but i forgot on the way in, so it is what it is.. 2lbs down. That number seems so insignificant...im trying to reroute my thinking, remind myself that it creeped on when i wasn't looking, it will come off the same way-but thats easier said than done.
I ordered some meal plans from this site I've been reading for about a year about clean eating and dedicating oneself to making a change for life. (go read it: www.blackgirlsguidetoweightloss.com) I love the site and the author is a real inspiration. Now its just a matter of making myself my own inspiration. One foot in front of the other...so goes i.

As far as my other goals, im not even looking at the goal jeans until im a good month into this.
I have 2/3 debts i wanted done before the end of this semester out of the way and im on the way to finishing off the second.
And i still havent had a cigarette. I bought the second box of patches last week. My biggest challenge has been buying the second box instead of a loosie (or an entire pack). So hurdle one out of the way. I have the electric cigarette & use on the drive home from work (you knee my job and right now i need that lol) but the rest of the time i'm fine. I even went to a bbq last weekend with most of the attendees being smokers and though i chomped through a few pieces of gum to take the edge off, made it through with a smile.

That's it i guess..folk on the move!

No comments:

Post a Comment