Wednesday, September 16, 2009

silence

The silence is the time when I am most troubled
Something about there being no sounds
Nothing to focus your mind on when it begins to drown
And thoughts are the only thing that is left to hold.
The placidity of silence is when the evil that lurks becomes apparent
And all the demons that go bump in the night play,
Too many people to see their agenda in the light day
Guards placed to high to keep prying eyes ever distant.
Everyone knows its most quiet before the storm
And when the silence comes, I remember what was
How I learned to see true thoughts despite what one says or does
When the silence lets people feel free of the need to conform.
The animals take refuge knowing the wicked that this way creeps
Even the trees hold still their branches, under its spell
Calm so thick even your heartbeat quells
When the silence is thick enough to wake you from your sleep
And the façade of strength you can no longer keep.
The silence is the time when I am most troubled.
When my memories come to life
And the ache seems to double
The silence is the time when I am most troubled.


©2009 jasmîne gabrielle

No comments:

Post a Comment