Friday, September 4, 2009

i saw God today

I saw God today
He showed me I wasn’t without flaw
For I was too prideful to look in the mirror and be honest with what I saw
I saw God today
He made me know what it is to be of the earth
For I was too insolent to see I could return to just a notion as I was before my birth
I saw God today
He taught me what it is to be a mortal being
For I was unable to comprehend that both my joys and pains would be fleeting
I saw God today
He fixed what I was unable to mend
For I was to inexperienced to make the world shift and bend
I saw God today
He took my hand and made it his own
For I was too weak to hold myself up alone
I saw God today
He healed all that ailed my human form
For I was too desolate to see the light after the storm
I saw God today
He gave me hope when I thought it was lost
For I was too broken too offer my heart to cover my costs
I saw God today
He brought me though my deepest sorrow
For I was too low to believe in what He had planned for me tomorrow
I saw God today
He nestled me in his arms until I feared no longer
For all that I ever needed, He was equipped to offer.
I saw God today.


© 2009 jasmine gabrielle

No comments:

Post a Comment