Saturday, April 4, 2009

i've been told i'm capable

I’ve been told that I'm capable
That to inspire others I’m able
If I just applied myself, it’s not possible to fail
Then why am I still stuck in this place
Unable to change pace
Waiting for something to change, but looking at the same face?

I’ve been told I’m the only one
That the time for games is done
And together we would find happiness and redemption
Then why did they lie
Unable to understand why I cried
Waiting for me to dig deep, find and fix what the last one broke inside?

I’ve been told that of the three, I’m the strongest
That I was able to do it on my own regardless
Never a worry- I would come out unscathed, always fearless
Then why do I feel abandoned
Unable to see why I wasn’t given a helping hand
Waiting for a safety net even if I would never allow my arm to extend

I’ve been told that I make it hard to stay
Expecting him to stand before he lay
Waiting for a man able to put my fears of a future at bay
Then why have I chosen the weak
Unable to back up that of which they speak
Slowly building up a wall as the end result becomes more and more bleak?

I’ve been told I have to change to make it
That to succeed I would have to learn to fit
Go with the flow, stick to the script
Then why must I always buck
Unable to just accept my life will have just a rare jewel in the muck
Rolling the dice, knowing I had more to rely on that just than dumb luck

I’ve been told that I’m capable
That the time for games is done
Never a worry- I would come out unscathed, always fearless
Then why have I chosen to be weak
Unable to just accept my life will have just a rare jewel in the muck
Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Slowly. Rolling the dice.

No comments:

Post a Comment