Wednesday, November 5, 2008

we are forever changed

well people... as of today, Novemember 4, 2008, we are forever changed.

when i woke up this morning, i cant say that i really grasped the reality that would be an Obama adminsitration. of course, you all know he has had my support the whole way. he has since the first page i read in 'Dreams of My Father' a few years back. when i read the first page of the forward, i knew that this man made me feel a way that i had not felt in a long time. his campaign hot button words of 'hope' and 'change' were evident for me from that point on.
even with that being said, the reality and the amazment that comes with the announcement that he really IS the 44th president of the country that i had lost so much faith in, is a reality that has touched and changed me in ways i never thought that any political race could.
i have expirenced something that even up to four years ago i couldnt fathom.
i have lived to see the child of an Kenyan father and a midwestern white mother become the leader of the most powerful nation in the world.
i have lived to see someone that though has a traveled a different path than me, has struggled through the same things i have.
i have lived to see a black president.
i have lived to see my MLK moment.

and for that, i have been blessed.
for that, i am forever changed.


there are so many other thoughts of promise, relief, fear and excitement that are running through my mind right now. so many that i can barely put together a blog that makes sense, let alone capture all that is coursing through me right now. but for tonight, i will only rejoice....

"this is our moment. this is our time."
yes, President Obama, it is. and i thank you for having the courage to show us all how far we have come and how much is really possible.


and to one of the people that is closest and most special to me... i am proud to know that when i am old enough for my body to betray me and my face to show the years i have been blessed enough to live... i am happy i can say that this moment i shared with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment